Monthly Archives: June 2011
BHTB is off to camp! I’ll be in the woods for the next 8 weeks, but stay tuned — I’m sure I’ll find some culinary inspiration while I’m there.
Koci’s Favorite Granola Bars – La Kocinera
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds (I substituted pecans)
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (I substituted apricots)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine oats, flour, dry milk, and cinnamon in a food processor, mixing until finely ground. Add sunflower seeds, almonds, cherries, and cranberries; pulse until slightly chopped, about 10 quick pulses.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and stir in the beaten egg and maple syrup. Pour out onto a baking sheet covered with non-stick aluminum foil or cooking spray and cover with a piece of cling wrap. Using your fingers, press down on the mixture to spread it out along the baking sheet to desired thickness.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until lightly browned. After cooling, cut into bars and package in an airtight container and store for several days either at room temperature or in the refrigerator or freeze for several months.