August 5, 2010 drury lane awaits (muffin man reference, since some people did not understand this title)
Muffins aren’t really my thing. Or so I thought, until my cousin Laura introduced me to this recipe, which she actually devised herself, by combining three of her favorite recipes.
This is a muffin I could definitely go for, filled with succulent blueberries, and subtly fragranced with lemon. Everyone has loved them so far.
Laura’s Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line standard muffin pan with cups (or butter and flour) and butter the TOP (between the cups).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, toss blueberries with about 1 1/2 teaspoons flour to lightly coat.
- Set aside the flour mixture and the blueberries.
- Combine melted butter, vanilla, milk, beaten eggs and lemon zest.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry. Do not overmix.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the blueberries. Divide batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups using an ice cream scoop.
- Bake, rotating pan halfway though, until muffins are golden brown and a cake tester inserted in the center of one muffin comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool 10 minutes. Turn muffins on their sides in their cups, and let cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.